Monday 10 September 2012

Details and answers

To answer your questions, marina - scrap metal :) the more interesting pieces are from broken ex-votos, Milagros I'm never sure which - they are called tamata here - usually 800 silver or brass or copper - I've been collecting them for years - been using the broken ones. Thread is a stronger cotton for embroidery I think but I do several passes and any old leather.

Juliette they are old brass curtain rings someone brought me from holland :) really lovely they is

And some more work

6 comments:

  1. I love all these leather bracelets you're making and the way you made the connecting with the key is simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, check out that key-nection. Brilliant thinking outside of convention. Your work pushes my brain into a wonderful place and never fails to elicit an almost tactile response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg the thing w/the key is killing me. milagros! of course! (we usually use 'milagros' for the mexican ones and 'ex votos' for the european ones.) all those details look beautiful. those cords? so lovely and unique. the pieces of etched metal in the cuff and necklaces in the last post- just perfect. are these going in your shop? do you have a gallery you sell at? where are you anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new work....really incredible....and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Key bracelet. :)

    ReplyDelete